Monday, November 22, 2010

COLIN FARRELL TALKS LONDON BOULEVARD, BEING A DAD & TOTAL RECALL

Here's an interview I thought you may like to read posted by Dean Piper on his website 21st Novemeber, 2010. 

INTERVIEW:
Colin Farrell is back on our silver screen sin new flick London Boulevard. The Irish star had to go cockney on us for his role as a bodyguard in the flick that also stars Keira Knightley and Ray Winstone. And the star tells me his accent was a worry in front of a die-hard Londoner like Ray. He laughed: “I had a great dialect coach who came to my house in LA everyday – put the kettle on and then we would sit down and practice.
 
“I’m happy with the way it turned out but it was intimidating doing it in front of Ray though, you can’t get anymore Cockney than him.  I mean he’s a sweetheart and we got on so well – he’s deadly but I do find him a bit scary. Put it this way I shouldn’t have watched Scum when I was 11.
 
“Keira was a darling, such a lovely person to work with and I’m fond of her fella too – they are the sweetest couple, sweet down to earth, intelligent and just great.”
And the star sounds like he’s keeping his head down and out of the tabloids these days – in fact he comes across like quite the family man! “I’ve been working as much as I ever have, I just haven’t been in the headlines and long may that continue,” he said. “I learnt the hard way and it took me long enough. I’ve done some silly things and it’s been a ride, but I’m right where I want to be now with my sons and making great movies!
 
“Dublin is home but LA is where I live – my two little fellas are there and my two sisters have moved out. I spend as much time with my sons as possible, I took 10 months off after filming London Boulevard – such a luxury. But then I could be away again for four months so I have to make the most of when I can see them – being an actor is really like a glorified travelling salesman!”
 
He also tells me he is in negotiations to play Arnold Schwarzenegger’s role in a remake of eighties hit Total Recall. He added: “Yeah, I know people are talking about Total Recall – I mean it would be deadly, it’s a great script, I’d love to do it but I don’t know if I am yet – to play that role that Arnie made so famous would be amazing!” Good luck with that Col!

SOURCE:
http://www.deanpiper.com/index.php/2010/11/21/exclusive-colin-farrell-talks-london-boulevard-being-a-dad-and-total-recall/

1 comment:

  1. Hi gemini. There was an argument on the polish board about what does this sentence means about his sisters. -My 2 sis have moved out.
    Out of where? Do you have a clue? Thanks. FERB
    _______________
    “Dublin is home but LA is where I live – my two little fellas are there and my two sisters have moved out.

    ReplyDelete