Thursday, May 21, 2009

TONY IS A NO GO FOR CANNES...

According to those in the know, whom ever they are, but now us too... no-one is going to bother to turn up and represent Terry Gilliam's film 'Dr. Parnassus because if not all three characters of 'Tony' can be there then no-one should be there!

So Johnny Depp is busy on his new film 'The Rum Diary', and Jude Law and Colin Farrell will be busy doing something else. I do hope this is not the case as this project really does deserve some proper recognition, if not only to surely honour Heath Ledger last film.

3 comments:

  1. They stepped in to finish the film then they gave up their salary's what more do you want from them blood. THey do have other commitments so give these guys a break and dont be so negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know giving up their fees for Heath Ledger's daughter was a heart-warming thing to do, and like many others, I too was very touched by the kindness shown.

    But this is Cannes Film Festival, and without at least one of the Dr.Parnassus 'Tony' actor's putting in an appearance, I just don't think it's going to help the film be promoted in the way it would have been, if Ledger had not so sadly passed away when did.

    So from a joe public point of view, I think people would have expected at least someone to honour Ledger's last work by turning up and showing support for the film. After all this film isn't going to do their film career's any harm is it?

    And who knows... maybe one, or all of them just might still do that... I really hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie you didn't come back to me on this... hope I didn't upset you? You put across your view, and me mine... no problem right?

    ReplyDelete